Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

The Virus Poem

This poem was written by a teacher. What do you think was her purpose in writing this poem?
That bad time doesn't last a lifetime.
If you were a student in this class, what would you say to the teacher about the poem?
Miss. / Mrs. Gallagher, I really like how you're talking about this dangerous virus. I also like how you're telling people how tough times don’t last and believe me they don’t.
If you had to change a line in this poem, what would it be and why?
I have no lines to change. Because Miss. / Mrs. Gallagher did a very good job on writing this poem.
What virus is this poem talking about?
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What are 4 ideas you understand about the poem?
“One day there was a virus, and took the world by storm”
“Some people had to stay home and couldn’t go to school”
“It showed us that though time don’t last forever, Yes, eventually tough stuff ends”
What ‘tough stuff’ is the poem talking about?
Having to deal with a lot of problems
Write a short poem about the Coronavirus. We can share this with Megan.
I’m a small thing,
I love to make trouble.

Seeing people suffer,
Is what I adore most.

Everyone wants me gone,
And everyone dislikes me.

I can kill the innocent,
But they’ll never survive me.

Older people die from me,
Younger people can survive from me.

My name is Coronavirus,
But I’m known as COVID-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.